Committee and Caucus Listservs:
Email: CTGP-media-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Please nominate fellow Greens active in journalism, public access TV, letters-to-the-editor, etc.
Email: CTGP-fundraising-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Please nominate musicians, performers, artisans, makers of buttons & T-shirts, etc.
Email: CTGP-budget-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Email: CTGP-elections-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Please nominate all campaign managers (note there is a separate listserv just for CTGP candidates).
Email: CTGP-candidates-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
For Connecticut Green Party candidates to share experience, ideas, and resources.
Email: CTGP-legislation-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Please nominate legal professionals, environmental engineers, etc.
Email: CTGP-communications-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Please nominate all chapter webmasters, listserv owners, and phonetree organizers.
INTERNAL PROCESS (bylaws, rules, policies, & procedures)
Email: CTGP-BRPP-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Email: CTGP-internal-elections-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Help count ballots & observe Instant Runoff Voting in action.
Email: CTGP-presidential-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Email: ctgp_diversity-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
NOT AN OPEN LIST - BY INVITATION ONLY
Email: CTLavenderGreens-subscribe@ yahoogroups.com
Rules and Etiquette for CT Green Party Listservs
Presently there are two automated email lists (listservs): the CT Green Party Forum and the CT Green Party News. It is in the best interest of the Party to keep these lists a viable place for the purpose of information dissemination and civil discourse for all members of the Green Party of CT. Because the substance of a grassroots democracy is the community in which the democracy functions, and because the community comprises human beings, feelings do matter in this political party. Therefore, an honest effort should be made, in posting material to the listserver, to respect the feelings of anyone mentioned in the posting and of all recipients thereof. Most organizational listservs have rules for members. Keep in mind that membership on a listserv is a responsibility and a privilege, not a right.
General Rules for News and Forum
- Foul language and personal attacks are not permitted.
- Harassment or promotion of illegal activities is forbidden.
- Any e-mail sent to an individual should be respected as private, and should not be forwarded to a listserver without permission.
- Flooding or spamming is not permitted.
- Don’t knowingly post messages from subscribers suspended or removed from the Forum.
- The NEWS listserv has been designated for notifying Connecticut Green Party members of upcoming events and meetings, disseminating minutes of meetings and other vital internal information, and advising members of chapter, national, and international Green Party news. The Forum listserv is designated for the free and open discussion of Green values and strategy as well as the current political, economic, and social state of affairs. All subscribers should post correctly and not double post.
- Posts are to be signed by all senders. No nicknames or pseudonyms will be used.
Enforcement of These Rules
Posts will not be pre-screened, but a moderator(s), chosen by the State Central Committee (Coordinating Council, or CC), will review submissions and enforce the above rules. A violation of the above rules will result in a warning. If another violation occurs, the subscriber will not be allowed to post for three months. If the subscriber continues to violate the rules after the three months of probation, they will be removed as a subscriber permanently. Any subscriber permanently removed has the right to have his/her case reviewed by an adhoc Appeals Board, to be formed by no more than one member from every chapter, with members to be designated by the chapters and who should preferably be listserver subscribers.