May 31, 2011

GREEN PARTY OF CT STATE COORDINATING COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES MAY 31, 2011

LOCATION Mory’s, Elm St, New Haven, CT

Present: Barry, Bedell, DeRosa, Duffee, Krayeske, Kane, Larocque, Martin, McKee, Reilly, Stuller, Watson

4 chapters represented. A quorum was present Meeting Opened 6:45 PM. Adjourned ?

Preliminary Matters:

Kane advised meeting of changes to the order of the Agenda based on input from members. Tim McKee volunteered to be the Facilitator. Modified consensus to be used.

APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING ON 4-26-11

Approved subject to receipt of Report from Internal Elections Committee. Note: Confirmation reports were received and filed.

1- TREASURER’S REPORT

Reilly reported on bank balance of $1606.07 and distributed copies of statement. $13,694.51 received from all sources in the last 5 years.

Discussion re: updates in systems and need for data bases.

Discussion re: adding a Deputy Treasurer to be trained by C. Reilly and to share work of his office. Recommendations to be made to the EC.

Proposed Budget addressed by Stuller.

2 - TRANSITION REPORT

Krayeske proposed a budget (copy distributed) prepared by the EC to support improvements to GP Infrastructure (website, domain names, online donations, contributor data base,voter data base, support for local campaigns, etc. End of year new budget to be set.

EC proposes fundraising goal of $30M to be raised to cover balance of the calendar year.

Stuller spoke to budget and website needs in New London.

MOTION TO ADOPT BUDGET: PASSED - 9 yes, 2 no, 1 abstention.

Donation pledges made: Krayeske, Kane, Stuller, Larocque

Page 2

B. Barry delivered Minutes of EC and SCC Meetings to P. Kane.

Asserted that tapes of meetings were her personal property. Krayeske inquired about the cost to purchase. No response.

Krayeske asked all EC members to sign statement per Procedure Manual and Procedure adopted 9 25 07. All agreed. MDR to resign as chair of PAC and to sign Form.

Review of SCC meetings and discussion re: reducing number of meetings and moving locations around the state. Discuss at next EC meeting.

SCC Minutes to be posted online.

5. - Inventory of party assets (see Treasurer’s List distributed at meeting) by Stuller

Listservs: Krayeske recommends eliminate all Yahoo Groups because they are monitored by the State Police. PK to contact D. Bedell to follow up.

6 – Bylaws

ED to interview potential candidates for Deputy Treasurer. Bylaw Committee – to be appointed by EC.

7. Chapter Reports:

New London: Stuller funning for re-election. Fairfield: Bedell reported Stangler is organizing a protest. 4 Constable candidates. 6/19 demonstration in New Canaan. Hartford: DeRosa is looking for candidates, speakers.. 6/23 Harvey Wasserman speaking. Mentioned passage of #1 Bylaw change: GP candidate can’t take money from other parties.

8. Committee Reports

Individual Votes on International Committee Ballot Access meeting Coalition for Open and Free Elections – De Rosa attended Presidential Committee: McKee said they meet online and via teleconference.. Currently Soliciting nominees.

New Business:

DeRosa wants EC meetings open. Asserted all meetings are public and no one can be prohibited.

McKee wants Chapters to post Notice of Meetings

Holden need convention by early August. Martin: proposed EC develop questions for candidates.

PK to write up SCC Agenda and Minutes and circulate to EC members for input.

DeRosa: Motion to set SCC meeting date in June. Passed

Note: PK left meeting prior to adjournment.

Motion to ???? . Failed.

Respectfully submitted Patricia Kane Secretary</p>

TPL_BEEZ2_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION