Approved minutes of the 7PM 4-28-09 SCC CTGP meeting.
Quorum was not met.
Location: Portland Senior Center, 7 Waverly Avenue, Portland, CT 06480
Attendees by chapter:
Central: Vic Lancia; Fairfield: Jane Weston, Co-chairperson of CTGP, Richard Duffee;
Greater Hartford: S. Michael DeRosa, Co-chairperson of CTGP; Richie Miller.
* Rock and Roll Show: Rickie Miller will organize a show to take place in Willimantic, to be a fund raiser for CTGP.
* CT Green Time news will be restarted via website. Chris Reilly will get the URL name for CTGP. Jane Weston will edit it; Steve Fournier will be the host; goal is to have a monthly blog newsletter.
THE FOLLOWING WERE DELETED DUE TO LACK OF ATTENDANCE.
1. (1 minute): Introductions of voting/non-voting attendees; chapters; if quorum was met; timekeeper; ground rules.
2. (2-4 minutes): Approval of tonight's proposed agenda, any deletions or additions.
3. (2-4 minutes): Review and approval of minutes of 12-30-08 and 2-24-09 and 3-31-09 SCC meetings.
4. (2 minutes): Review and acceptance of the minutes of the 3-18-09 EC meeting.
5. (2-4 minutes): Treasurer's report from treasurer: Christopher Reilly.
B. Any proposals/referendums by chapters, committee.
1. (10-15 minutes): Internal Election Committee: official report from all the members of the Internal Elections committee (David Bedell, Christopher Reilly, Steve Fournier and Richard Duffee) regarding the official results of the 4-25-09 CTGP Annual Meeting.
a) The five (5) people elected to be CTGP representatives to the GPUS.
b) The people elected to the various GPUS National committees: Platform committee, International committee, Ballot Access committee; Dispute Resolution committee; Diversity committee; Merchandise committee; Eco-action committee.
2. (10-15minutes): GPUS reports from: a) CTGP representatives: Tim McKee and Charlie Pillsbury; b) National Committee Members: Steve Fournier, Richard Duffee and S. Michael DeRosa.
3. (20minutes): Discussion of the short and long term goals of the CTGP as recommended by the participants at the 4-25-09 CTGP Annual Meeting.
4. (5 minutes): Report about the 3-09 court hearing about our lawsuit against the State of CT regarding the 2005 State of CT Campaign Finance Reform Laws.
5. (2-5 minutes, each): Chapter reports.
6. (2-5 minutes): any future CTGP Road Shows?
7. Next SCC meeting is Tuesday, May 26, 2009 (day after Memorial Day holiday) at Portland Senior Center.
Date and time of the next EC meeting: to be determined.Green Party Key Values: non-violence, respect for diversity, grassroots democracy, social justice and equal opportunity, ecological wisdom, decentralization, community-based economics and economic justice, future focus and sustainability, personal and global responsibility, feminism and gender