Approved minutes of the 3-31-09 SCC 7PM meeting of the CTGP.
Quorum not meet.
Location: Portland Senior Center, 7 Waverly Avenue, Portland, CT 06480
Attendees by chapter:
Fairfield: Richard Duffee and Jane Weston;
Greater Hartford: Co-chairpersons:
Steve Fournier and S. Michael DeRosa; Secretary: Barbara Barry; Treasurer: Christopher Reilly.
Non-voting attendees: none. Facilitator: Barbara Barry
1. Introductions of voting/non-voting attendees; two (2) chapters attended so quorum was not met.
2. DELETED due to lack of quorum: Approval of tonight's proposed agenda, any deletions or additions.
3. DELETED due to lack of quorum: Review and approval of minutes of 12-30-08 and 2-24-09 SCC meetings.
4. DELETED due to lack of quorum: Review and acceptance of the minutes of the 3-18-09 EC meeting.
5. Treasurer's report from treasurer: Christopher Reilly: balance as of 3-31-09: $1778.00.
B. DELETED due to lack of any proposals/referendums by chapters, committee.
1. DELETED due to lack of quorum: GPUS reports from: a) Cliff Thornton, National Co-chairperson of the GPUS who was absent; b) CTGP representatives: Tim McKee and Charlie Pillsbury who were both absent; c) National Committee Members in attendance: Steve Fournier, Richard Duffee and S. Michael DeRosa.
2. Report about the 3-09 court hearing about our lawsuit against the State of CT regarding the 2005 State of CT Campaign Finance Reform Laws. SMD: had final court hearing on 3-09.
3. a) Internal Election Committee: date=Saturday, 4-25-09, site= New Haven Labor Council on Chapel Street in New Haven. Agenda: similar to last year with CTGP speakers: to be determined but inclusive of SMD regarding CTGP lawsuit against the State of CT regarding the 2005 CT Campaign Finance "Reform" law. CTGP members may bring merchandise and literature for distribution at the 4-25-09 annual meeting b) CTGP registered voters may submit their names to run for the indicated offices and a 100-word statement about why they are running for the positions needs to be provided to the secretary, Barbara Barry, (roseberry3 at cox.net) by 9PM 3-31-09 to be considered for the ballot for the 4-25-09 annual convention. (ballots are likely to be mailed out on 4-1-09 or so) c) Convention Committee: monitors check validity of ballots and vote count; suggest participants bring food for themselves and for others.
4. CT. Secretary of State list of registered Green Party members in CT has been received by SMD and has been forwarded to the Internal Elections Committee.
5. CTGP literature: has been provided by various members: David Bedell, Jerry Martin and S. Michael DeRosa.
6. DELETED due to lack of quorum: CTGP potential goals for 2009: a) legislative goals for petitioning; b) electric rates; c) universal health care.
7. DELETED due to lack of quorum: Chapter reports.
8. No future CTGP Road Shows are known to be scheduled at this time.
9. Date and place of the next SCC meeting: skip the 4-28-09 SCC meeting because the 4-25-09 annual meeting will likely cover similar issues/concerns. So next SCC meeting to be May 26, 09 Date, place and time of next EC meeting: to be determined.
10. No additions
Green Party Key Values: non-violence, respect for diversity, grassroots democracy, social justice and equal opportunity, ecological wisdom, decentralization, community-based economics and economic justice, future focus and sustainability, personal and global responsibility, feminism and gender