Accepted minutes from the 3-18-09 EC meeting of CTGP
Location: 74 Tremont Street, Hartford, CT Time: 7:10pm to 8:30pm
Attendees: co-chairpersons: Steve Fournier, S. Michael DeRosa; Christopher Reilly, treasurer and Barbara Barry, secretary.
Discuss potential short and long term goals of the Green Party of CT: short term goals: deadline for nominations, mailed ballots deadline. volunteers for convention committee inclusive of monitors at the 4-25-09 CTGP annual convention.
Develop the agenda for the 3-31-09 SCC meeting as indicated below:
Proposed agenda for the 7PM 3-31-09 SCC CTGP meeting at Portland Senior Center
Location: Portland Senior Center, 7 Waverly Avenue, Portland, CT 06480
Facilitator: To Be Determined
1. (1 minute): Introductions of voting/non-voting attendees; chapters; if quorum was met; timekeeper; ground rules.
2. (2-4 minutes): Approval of tonight's proposed agenda, any deletions or additions.
3. (2-4 minutes): Review and approval of minutes of 12-30-08 and 2-24-09 SCC meetings.
4. (2 minutes): Review and acceptance of the minutes of the 3-18-09 EC meeting.
5. (2-4 minutes): Treasurer's report from treasurer: Christopher Reilly.
B. Any proposals/referendums by chapters, committee.
1. (10-15 minutes): GPUS reports from: a) Cliff Thornton, National Co-chairperson of the GPUS; b) CTGP representatives: Tim McKee and Charlie Pillsbury; c) National Committee Members: Steve Fournier, Richard Duffee and S. Michael DeRosa.
2. (20 minutes): Report about the 3-09 court hearing about our lawsuit against the State of CT regarding the 2005 State of CT Campaign Finance Reform Laws.
3. (15-20 minutes): a) Internal Election Committee: discussion of date, site, agenda and any additional volunteers for the 4-25-09 CTGP Annual Convention. b) CTGP registered voters may submit their names to run for the indicated offices, A 100-word statement about why they are running for the positions needs to be provided to the secretary, Barbara Barry, (roseberry3 at cox.net) by 9PM 3-31-09 to be considered for the ballot for the 4-25-09 annual convention. c) Convention Committee: monitors for attendees/vote count; literature, merchandise, volunteers; food for fundraising?
4. (5 minutes): CT. Secretary of State list of registered Green Party members in CT: Mike DeRosa anticipates receiving this list any day now. It will be passed on to chapter and for the 4-09 CTGP Annual Convention.
5. (5 minutes): CTGP literature.
6. (5-10 minutes): CTGP potential goals for 2009: a) legislative goals for petitioning; b) electric rates; c) universal health care.
7. (2-5 minutes, each): Chapter reports.
8. (2-5 minutes): any future CTGP Road Shows?
9. Date and place of the next SCC meeting: to be determined. Date, place and time of next EC meeting: to be determined.
10. Any additions