Accepted minutes from the 7PM 6-17-08 EC meeting in Hartford, CT for the Green Party of CT
Location: Lena’s First and Last Pizzeria, 2053 Park Street, Hartford, CT 06106-2025 P: 860-232-4481
Attendees: Co-chairpersons: Steve Fournier and S. Michael DeRosa; Secretary: Barbara Barry.
Absent: Co-chairperson: Phoebe Godfrey; Treasurer: Christopher Reilly. Observer: none
1. Any business/concerns from last SCC meeting of 5-27-08: no change from 6-17-08 EC meeting..
2. Any proposed short and long term goals for the CTGP by the executive committee officers: no change from 6-17-08 EC meeting.
3. Develop the agenda for the 6-24-08 SCC meeting. Template is below.
Proposed agenda for the 7PM 6-24-08 SCC CTGP meeting. Site: to be determined
Facilitator: To Be Determined
1. (1 minute): Introductions of voting/non-voting attendees; chapters; if quorum was met; timekeeper; ground rules.
2. (2-4 minutes): Approval of tonight’s proposed agenda, any deletions or additions.
3. (2-4 minutes): Review and approval of minutes of 5-27-08 SCC meeting.
4. (2 minutes): Review and acceptance of the 6-17-08 EC meeting.
5. (2-4 minutes): Treasurer’s report from Christopher Reilly.
B. Any proposals/referendums by chapters, committee:
1. (10-15 minutes): GPUS reports from: Cliff Thornton, Co-chairperson of GPUS, CTGP representatives: Tim McKee and Charlie Pillsbury and National Committee Members: Steve Fournier, Richard Duffee and S. Michael DeRosa.
2. (10-15 minutes): CTGP literature, outreach kit.
3. (20 minutes): Vetting and selection of the twenty (20) people who will be CTGP official delegates at the 7-10-08 GPUS Presidential Convention in Chicago.
4. (10-15 minutes): Fundraising for CTGP.
5. (5-10 minutes): Steven Fournier, endorsed 1st Congressional District CTGP candidate; petitioning sheets, campaign issues.
6. (5-10 minutes): Scott Desefy, endorsed 2nd Congressional District CTGP candidate: petitioning sheets; campaign issues.
7. (2-10 minutes): Any endorsed candidate for the 3rd Congressional District line.
8. (5-10 minutes): Richard Duffee, 4th Congressional District CTGP candidate; petitioning sheets for the petitioning candidates, campaign issues.
9. (2-10 minutes): Harold Burbank, potential Green Party of CT candidate for 5th Congressional District; petitioning sheets for the petitioning candidates, campaign issues.
10. (5 minute): ACLU lawsuit update.
11. (2 minutes): CT Green Times newspaper and website.
12. (2-5 minutes, each): Other Chapter reports.
13. Place for next SCC meeting on 6-24-08: to be determined.. Date, place and time of next EC meeting in 7-08: to be determined.
14. Any additions