September 4, 2013 :: EC minutes

Emergency EC meeting on Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 7PM via teleconference.

GPCT officers: co-chairpersons: Linda Thompson, S. Michael DeRosa; treasurer: Christopher Reilly; secretary: Barbara Barry.

Absent co-chairperson: Allan Brison due to a prior meeting commitment. GPCT member attendee: John Lancz.

 

The following emails called for this emergency 9-4-13 EC meeting.                                                                                               A) -----Original Message-----
From: Mike DeRosa <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
To: 'Mike DeRosa' <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; 'Allan Brison' <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; mikederosa <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; 'Barbara Barry' <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; 'Chris Reilly' <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>; lthompson321 <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
Sent: Wed, Sep 4, 2013 12:28 pm
Subject: Correction Quick EC meeting tonight 7PM with my correct number.                                                                                             Hi everyone:   Hope things are going well for everyone. We are going to have a quick EC meeting about the Jill event tonight.  We have a few issues and details to sort out about the event on Sunday. I hope you can make it at 7PM tonight. The dial-in number is: 530/881-1000  Access #:   349729                                 Sincerely,  Mike DeRosa,  860-919-4042

 

 

B) From: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. [mailto:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:37 PM
To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.; This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Re: Correction Quick EC meeting tonight 7PM with my correct number

 

For an EC agenda tonite --

We need to discuss:  literature, banners, food, how to take contributions, outreach and press, Agenda of event

To remind folks of some suggestions so far for the agenda for the Stein Event are as follows:  

That we plan to go from 3-5PM.                                                                         

That John Lancz chair the forum/rally whatever we want to call it.        

That we have 3 candidates (if we have them speak for 4 minutes each (12 minutes)      

That we have Mongi Dhaouadi who is a Tunisian speak for 4 minutes on Syria and the Middle East.     

That we have Mike ask a speaker from the environmental justice group speak on People of Color and the Environment 4 minutes.  

That we ask Chris Gavreau from the Civil Liberties Coalition to report on their upcoming conference against the NSA 3 minutes. 

This part would take 1/2 hour.   

Then Mike could speak for 5 minutes and introduce Jill Stein.  

Jill speaks for 35 minutes (or what she wants) and we have 20 minutes for discussion/questions.

Then Mike do a collection fundraiser speech 5 minutes and take the donations.     

That I give a five minute motivation on the Retreat and building the Party.  

We adjourn.

 

Peace, Linda

 

 

 

 C) Consensus: of the agenda order and items for the Jill Stein Rally on Sunday, September 8, 2012 at 3PM at the Portland Senior Center.

  • John Lancz will be facilitator of the rally which is planned for 3PM to 5PM.
  • SMD will speak for 5 minutes about:  Jill Stein’s 2012 presidential campaign, the state of world affairs, and GP 10 Key Values and will introduce Jill Stein.
  • Jill Stein will speak for 35 minutes or however long she wishes, followed by 20 minutes for attendee questions.
  • CR will request donations and discuss the financial regulations the GPCT must abide by:  a) people excluded are: non-citizens of the US; individuals or groups or companies doing business with the executive or legislative branches of CT government or are associated with a CT government sponsored project.   b)CR  suggests requesting  donations during the rally and not at the door;   c) CR will review and make any changes to the donation form that BAB develops.
  • LT: invited Mongi Dhaouadi,  who is a Tunisian, to speak for 4 minutes on Syria and the Middle East and he has agreed to attend/speak at the Jill Stein Rally.  If we include him in our press releases. SMD & BAB: reiterated  8-27-13 SCC attendees indicated they preferred to do outreach by inviting individuals and/or organizations to come to GPCT SCC meetings so the SCC/GPCT/EC can vet these people/organizations regarding any potential coalition with the GPCT.
  • Dropped:  The request for a speaker from the Environmental Justice group to speak on People of Color and the Environment.  We also dropped asking Chris Gavreau from the Civil Liberties Coalition to report on their upcoming conference against the NSA.
  • Have all current GPCT candidates address the rally about why they are running as a GPCT candidate and state the issues they are raising in their campaigns and hope to address when elected. There are 11 endorsed candidates from the Fairfield Chapter; possibly three candidates from New London Chapter and Laurie Rogers from Columbia, CT.  (Allocated 2minutes/each X 15 candidates= 30 minutes.)
  • LT to give a five minute speech regarding the GPCT upcoming 9-29-13 Retreat.

 

Goals of this fundraiser: provide funds to acquire the updated CT SOS registered voter list and possible support to GPCT candidates.

David Bedell has agreed to provide GPCT literature;  

BAB will bring: a) five 2012 Jill Stein campaign lawn signs for Jill to autograph for fundraising. Hopefully we can get $100 per autographed sign;  b) three tabletop baskets of sunflowers. Hope to get $75 per basket; c) GPCT T-shirts to sell for $10. d) tablecloths, plastic stands for literature and sweeteners for tea and coffee.  e) GPCT banners,  tape and string.

LT: tea and coffee;  she will provide an emailed  flier for this rally which can be printed and then distributed by GPCT members.

BAB, Tim McKee and Ronna Stuller: are all trying to get someone to do a video recording of this rally.  So far, no commitments.

Food to share;

Rally:  press releases via Tim McKee; via website: David Bedell; via Twitter: Cora Santaquida.

TPL_BEEZ2_ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION