Approved minutes from the October 21, 2013 EC telephonic meeting from 7:30PM to 8:10PM. Attendees: co-chairpersons: Allan Brison, Linda Thompson, S. Michael DeRosa; treasurer: Christopher Reilly; Barbara Barry, secretary.
Discussed and to be added to the 10-29-13 SCC agenda: a) the 12:48PM GPUS 10-21-13 email from the Campaign Coordinating Committee (CCC) regarding ability for GP candidates to request to be one of the “Top 5” GP candidates to watch. Candidates must be willing to financial support from the GPUS. Candidates are to complete the attached form and return by 9PM Eastern DST on 10-22-13. Candidates must be willing to share their donor list with the GPUS and the GPUS will share their donor list to the “Top 5” candidates. b) need a GPCT Local Forum Committee to develop local forums with speakers. Already have a GPCT Fundraising committee. c) consider GPCT financial support for GPCT candidates, if able. Urge GPCT members to support GPCT candidates at forums and at polling places. d) CR: balance of about $1085. e) AB to send his 10 Key Values literature to the website and to BAB. Then BAB will send to the GPUS. f) BAB has requested that David Bedell clarify the list of GPCT candidates from the Fairfield chapter. g) possible GPCT fundraiser in November 2013 or January 2014. g) add to “8” on the agenda: federal shutdown article from G. Scott Deshefy when it becomes available. h) reaffirm Tim McKee and or Rolf Maurer can do GPCT media releases. i) Norwich GPCT members are contemplating going to the 10-23-13 Norwich mayoral debate. j) report back about the New England Regional Bioneer’s event in New Medford, MA from Friday, 10-25-13 through 10-27-13. k) SCC 10-29-13 response (via the GPCT secretary) to a Waterford, CT letter from a GPCT member. i) Songs for Syria: Peace and Love conference to take place in Ithaca, NY in January 2014.
********************************************************************************** Proposed agenda for the Tuesday, October 29, 2013 SCC meeting at 7PM at the Portland Senior Center:
1. Review minutes of the: a) 9-24-13 SCC meeting and approve; and b) accept the minutes of the: 10-21-13 EC meeting.
2. Treasurer's report from Christopher Reilly.
3. Reports from our three (3) representatives to the GPUS: Linda Thompson, Tim McKee, and S. Michael DeRosa.
4. Any proposals/ resolutions from chapters or a group of five CTGP Members or from the EC.
5. Review of the 9-29-13 GPCT Retreat at Killam’s Point Conference Center, Killian’s Point Rd., Branford, CT 06405.
6. Discuss GPCT support for the Green Party of CT candidates for the November 5th, 2013 elections and if the candidates wish to request GPUS financial funds: Fairfield County Green Party. For Board of Representatives: District 2: David Michel, District 3: Joel Furst, District 7: Zoe DeVito, District 9: Cora Santaguida, District 10: Clausel Berrouet, District 12: Rolf Maurer, District 13: Nathan Cloutier, District 20: Thaddeus (Ted) Hanser. For Board of Education: Richard Duffee. For Constable: Fausto Molina.The New London Green Party candidates: Ronna Stuller for New London City Council and Mirna Martinez (as a Green and also as a Republican) for New London Board of Education. Laurie Rogers for Columbia Board of Selectpersons.
7. Update about GPCT Mailing List Information.
8. GPCT responses/ events/ media releases to any actions taken by the CT legislature, our governor or the federal government and our actions. Possible topics: a) the 10-17-13 debt ceiling which has been moved to 2-7-14; b) the federal shutdown from October 1, 2013 through October 16, 2013 which may reoccur on January 15, 2014; c) N.S.A. vs. civil rights and privacy rights; d) possible changes to Social Security and Medicare; e) fracking, f) immigration, g) etc. h) report about the 10-25-13 through 10-27-13 New England Regional Bioneer’s (environmental) Conference in New Bedford, MA.
9. Political actions to be taken in the near future; events GPCT wishes to participate in.
10. Discussion about the Fundraising Committee scheduling a fundraiser for November 2013 or January 2014.
11. Letter to GPCT and our desired response.
12. Status of the GPCT Bylaws Committee from members: Rolf Maurer, Cora Santaquida, Christopher Reilly, Linda Thompson, Barbara Barry, S. Michael DeRosa and Jeffry Larson.
13. Reports from CTGP members to the (GPUS) National Committees.
Accreditation (AC): reviews state chapter which petitions to join the GPUS; reviews criteria for state delegates to GPUS annual meetings and conventions.
Annual National Meeting (ANMC): working on the 2014 GPUS Annual Meeting: Tim McKee and John Went.
Ballot Assess (BA): discussion of efforts/difficulties/strategies/successes of the state Green Parties gaining ballot access: S. Michael DeRosa & Edward Schwing.
Bylaws, Rules, Polices Procedure (BRPP): for the GPUS officers and national committees: Amy Vas Nunes.
Coordination Campaign (CCC): distribution of GPUS money to Green Party public office candidates.
Dispute Resolution (DRC): mediation of any disputes within the GPUS organization.
Diversity (DC): strategies and actions to urge/maximize diversity within the GPUS: Linda Thompson.
Eco Action (EA): develop strategies for the GPUS regarding ecological matters.
Finance (FinCom): review and determine how to spend the money of the GPUS organization.
Fundraising (FC): raises money for the GPUS operations.
Green Party of the US internet news: acquire and write articles for the GPUS website.
International Committee (IC): develops/promotes GPUS positions regarding world issues. Hector Lopez, Justine McCabe and S. Michael DeRosa.
Latino Caucus: Hector Lopez.
Merchandizing Committee (MERCH): acquires items for the GPUS. Rolf Maurer and Hector Lopez.
Media Committee (MC): writes GPUS press releases.
Outreach (OC): interacts with other groups who may have similar interests of the GPUS: Linda Thompson.
Peace (GPAX): discusses/develops strategies of how the GPUS may promote peace throughout the world: Hector Lopez and S. Michael DeRosa.
Platform (PC): promotes positions on issues for the GPUS which are consistent with Green Party Ten Key Values: Justine McCabe and Amy Vas Nunes.
Presidential Campaign Support Committee (PCSC): develop strategies to support any GPUS presidential candidates. Timothy McKee.
Women’s Caucus: Martha Kelly.
14. Chapter reports: verbal to the attendees and the written approved minutes to the CTGP secretary/EC members.
15. Selection of the date, time and site of the next November SCC meeting: possibly the last Tuesday i.e. 11.26.13 (Tuesday before Thanksgiving Day holiday) or some other day of the week. )
16. Other suggestions.
GREEN PARTY TEN KEY VALUES: non-violence, respect for diversity, grassroots democracy, social justice and equal opportunity, ecological wisdom, decentralization, community-based economics and economic justice, future focus and sustainability, personal and global responsibility, feminism and gender equality.