Accepted Minutes of the Emergency EC telephonic meeting of April 6, 2015 at 6PM… which were emailed by the GPCT secretary to the GPCT Internal Elections committee consisting of: Ronna Stuller of New London, Douglas Lary of Willimantic; Christopher Reilly, GPCT treasurer and Barbara Barry, GPCT secretary.
Attendees: Co-chairpersons: Rolf Maurer, S. Michael DeRosa, Linda Thompson; treasure: Christopher Reilly and secretary: Barbara Barry. Emailed: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 12:48AM.
Dear Ronna, Doug and Chris,
The EC met today, Monday, April 6, 2015 and recommended, by consensus ballot revisions to include more information about chapter and GPCT activities.
All the following ballot revisions are for the ballot page which starts at the top: “You can vote in one of two ways:..”
- Ballot section:”You can vote in one of two ways:…”: change the font to be the same font and style as that used under the headliner on the other page entitled: “GREEN PARTY OF CONNECTICUT OFFICIAL 2015 BALLOT You are encouraged…to be counted”. These two sections have duplicate information. If the font is changed to the smaller font, it will likely save one inch of vertical space.
- Include the following offices that candidates ran for in the November 4, 2014 election: State Senate District 27; House District 84; Stamford: BOE and Judge of Probate. (These were accidently missing from the ballot drafts.)
- Change to from “GP also has established…in previous years.”… to: All candidates maintained GPCT ballot line access.
- Change “Over the past year,…” to Activities since the 2014 GPCT annual meeting: Black Lives Matter protests in Hartford, New London and Norwich; True Colors annual CT event; Bioneers Annual Conference; CT legislative proposals against the Algonquin pipeline expansion and protests against this in: Greenwich, Yale University and Hartford Legislative Office Building; Peoples Climate March In NYC; Hartford protest regarding Police Brutality and Mass Incarceration; New Haven vigil against the War with Syria; Anti-War GPCT fundraiser with Jill Stein, 2012 GPUS presidential candidate. Films and related discussions regarding: mountaintop coal removal, Iran-US relations; civil liberties; CT mental health reforms and CT public banking.
- Change the paragraph: “In addition, dozens of Connecticut Greens serve…” to: GPCT members in 2013, were appointed to community commissions and to be Justices of the Peace. A Green ran on both the GPCT and Republican 2013 ballot lines and won a New London BOE position.
- Include in the FUTURE GPCT ACTIVITIES: May 31, 2015 Climate March in Hartford with speaker: Jill Stein, 2012 GPUS presidential candidate. Continue to promote GPCT legislative proposals throughout the 2015 session and beyond; work in partnership with other organizations to further these proposals; and promote political activities which reflect our GPCT 10 Key Values.
- Change the “GREEN PARTY TEN KEY VALUES non-violence, respect for…” to the same font and style used for “GREEN PARTY OF CONNECTICUT OFFICIAL 2015 BALLOT. You are……to be counted.” This is likely to open up another one inch vertical space on this page.
So by changing the fonts and styles will hopefully open up about 2 more inches of vertical space and be able to include more information about chapter and GPCT activities.
Barbara for the EC