Approved Minutes of the GPCT Sept 20, 2016, SCC meeting. Quorum met.
Started at 7:00 PM and adjourned about 9:00 PM. Location: Portland Waverly Center, 7 Waverly Avenue, Portland, CT
GPCT chapter attendees: Fairfield County: Cora Santaguida, David Bedell, GPCT secretary. Greater Hartford: S. Michael DeRosa, GPCT co-chair, Barbara Barry, GPCT co-chair, Christopher Reilly, GPCT treasurer, Brian Gay. Waterford: Emily Garfinkel, CPCT co-chair, Baird Welch-Collins. At large: Vic Lancia. Facilitator: S. Michael DeRosa.
1. Consensus to approve: minutes of the 8-16-16 Nominating Convention and State Central Committee (SCC) meeting.
2. GPCT chapter reports:
- Greater Hartford: CT 1st Congressional District—website www.smderosa.org updated. Mike DeRosa hopes to debate John Larson. Planning a few signs on Election Day.
- Fairfield: Held 9-3-16 nominating meeting, nominated Cora Santaguida (CT Senate 27), Hector Lopez (CT House 125), Brian Merlen (CT House 148), Emir Abela (Stamford BOEd), Rolf Maurer (Stamford Registrar), and Steve Miller (Weston Registrar). Bonnie Troy hopes to qualify for public funding (CT House 135). Public screening and discussion of Focus (2001) on 9-18-16 at Stamford Ferguson Library with speakers Ralph Nazareth and Ellie Ommani. Hoping to have table at UConn-Stamford elections event.
- Waterford: “Lori on Liberty” radio show hosting debates—Lauren Shaw (CT House 38) and Ronna Stuller (CT House 39). New London Day hosting 10-10-16 forum. Lauren endorsed by Association of Retired Teachers of CT and Planned Parenthood. Next chapter meeting 10-1-16.
3. Treasurer's report from Christopher Reilly: GPCT balance: $248.41; FEC balance: $1,142.12.
4. Reports from our representatives to the GPUS National Committee: ill Stein is confirmed on ballot in 44 states + DC; registered write-in in 3 states; unable to vote for Stein in 3 states.
5. Bolton Public Library still wants Green Party materials for an exhibit.
6. Updates and planning for the Jill Stein campaign: 9-22-16, 1:00 at CCSU Student Center Circle, New Britain, and 6:00 at Windham Town Hall. CCSU student Brian Becker helping to organize. In Windham, Emily, Lauren, Dagmar Noll, and Jon Pelto will speak. Amy Vas Nunes and Susan Ye providing refreshments. UConn Daily Camps may cover (9-23-16). Cora planning interview with WFSB (CBS TV). Requesting support or 9-26-16 protest and civil disobedience at Hofstra University debate. Phone banking. Watch parties.
7. GPCT Media Committee report from Rolf Maurer: press release on Jill Stein campus tour. David Bedell distributed list of press contacts, requested additions.
8. GPUS Standing Committees: Cora is applying to Lavender Caucus.
9. Events of possible interest to the GPCT: Global Greens webinar in Spanish and French 10-1-16. ACLU 9-20-16 event: your rights with the police.
Next meeting on Thursday, October 27 and November 10 (pending room availability).