Approved Minutes of the GPCT Oct 27, 2016, SCC meeting. Quorum met.
Started at 7:00 PM and adjourned at 8:30 PM. Location: Portland Waverly Center, 7 Waverly Avenue, Portland, CT
GPCT chapter attendees: Fairfield County: David Bedell, GPCT secretary. Greater Hartford: S. Michael DeRosa, GPCT co-chair, Barbara Barry, GPCT co-chair, Brian Gay. Waterford: Emily Garfinkel, CPCT co-chair, Baird Welch-Collins. Facilitator: David Bedell.
1. Consensus to approve: minutes of the 9-20-16 State Central Committee (SCC) meeting.
2. GPCT chapter reports:
- Greater Hartford: Barbara Barry for State Senate appeared in 10-18-16 forum. Mike DeRosa for Congress appeared 10-26-16 on CT-N, will be on radio shows on WESU and WWUH. Mike and Jeff Russell for Senate at Hartford Library senior group luncheon.
- Fairfield: Bonnie Troy for State Rep qualified for public funding. Chris Taylor for State Senate withdrew. John Amarilios for New Canaan Registrar as write-in, 2-way race.
- Waterford: Lauren Shaw for State Rep distributed 10,000 mailers, 1,000 door-hangers, 50 signs. Lauren appeared on New London Day forum 10-10-16 and Lori on Liberty radio show. Annual meeting Saturday 11-26-16, inviting members of “Save the River-Save the Hills.” Looking at Representative Town Meeting (RTM) vacancies in 2017.
- Possible new chapters: Waterbury held 2 meetings; New Haven held 3; Northeast held 2.
3. Treasurer's report from Christopher Reilly (by email): GPCT balance: $225.52; FEC balance: $1,152.12.
4. A get-well card was signed for Martha Kelly of Hartford, following her recent stroke. Martha is a candidate in CT Senate 1 (write-in) and CT House 25.
5. Jill Stein presidential campaign: Brian Gay will attend 10-30-16 Boston rally. Distribution of paraphernalia: signs, flyers, buttons, stickers, T-shirts. Thanks to Chazz Button for help with 9-22-16 CCSU event. Vic Lancia is organizing rallies in Middletown Saturdays 1:00 PM and weekdays 5:00 PM.
6. Events of possible interest to the GPCT: 11-12-16 CT Coalition for Peace and Justice conference at Middlesex Community College: “Election 2016—One step closer to WW III?”
Next meeting on Wednesday, November 16, or Thursday, November 17, pending room availability.